Frequently Asked Questions
With proper care, your MCM items are designed to withstand the demands of regular wear and guaranteed to last a lifetime. Here are a few things to keep in mind as you enjoy your MCM items:
● Take care when inserting heavier items into handbags, backpacks and luggage, so you do not damage or deform the product.
● Direct exposure to humidity, moisture, sweat and heat may transfer color or change the shape of the product.
● Direct exposure to sunlight or illumination may discolor the product.
● Alcohol and oily substances, such as perfumes or cosmetic products, may damage or contaminate the product.
● External friction or shock may cause color transfer, contamination and abrasion—especially on brightly colored items.
MCM items tend to get a lot of use by our customers, but there will be times when you’ll need to store them. Here’s what we recommend:
● Place your item in a dust bag and store it in a dry, cool place. Keep the item in its intended shape and make sure its handle or shoulder strap is not pressed or creased.
● Use a soft, dry cloth to gently tap and blot the product to remove any soiling before storage.
● Never dry clean your MCM items.
FOR EXOTIC SKINS:
● Please handle exotics with care. The surface of the skin can rub off due to external friction, and scales can rise or detach due to external shock.
FOR EMBOSSED LEATHERS:
● Please treat embossed leather items with care. External friction may cause their surfaces to scale off.
● Products with an embossed logo should be treated with extra care, as the logo can be bent out of shape under heavy weight.
● The logo area of an enamel-coated product may be subject to shifts in color.
FOR METALLIC LEATHERS:
● Please handle metallics with care, as the folding portion may become wrinkled or cracked.
● Exposure to sunlight or illumination may cause discoloration. Always store items in a cool, dry place.
● Traces of metallic powder can come of of the item onto clothing or upholstery.
FOR JEWELLERY, STUDS AND STONES:
Handle jewelry and any items featuring studs or stones with care. External pressure can damage these embellishments. Studs and stones may scratch or damage other objects.